Position: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Specialty: Physical Rehabilitation in Persons with Health Disorders
Department: PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS SCIENCE
Laboratory: SPORTS MEDICINE
Office: SPORTS MEDICINE LAB, AUTh
Tel: +30 2310 992493
Fax: +30 2310 992188
Student consultation: Monday 11:00-13:00, Wednesday 11:00-13:00
Degree: School of Physical Education & Sport Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1988)
MD Specialty: DEA STAPS, Université de Bourgogne, France (1990)
PhD: Doctorat d’Université, Université Blaise Pascal, France (1993)
- Therapeutic Applications of Exercise
- Aquagym - Aquaerobics
- Sports Medicine (participation)
- “Exercise in the elderly”
- “Women and Exercise”
- “Exercise programs in cancer patients”
- Therapeutic applications of exercise
- Exercise and rehabilitation in patients with chronic health disorders
- Swimming and health disorders
- Deligiannis A., Kouidi E., Koutlianos N., Karagiannis V., Anifanti M., Tsorbatzoglou K., Farmakis D., Avgerinos C., Mameletzi D., Samara A. (2014). Eighteen years’ experience applying old and current strategies in the pre-participation cardiovascular screening of athletes. Hellenic Journal of Cardiology, 55: 32-41.
- Siatras Th., Mameletzi D. (2014). The female athlete triad in gymnastics. Science of Gymnastics Journal, 6(1): 5-22.
- Mameletzi D. (2013). The role of exercise in the incidence and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Archives of Hellenic Medicine, 30(5): 546-554.
- Deligiannis P., Mameletzi D., Koutlianos N., Alexiou S., Samara A. (2012). Implementation of internet educational environments for swimming training in patients with chronic diseases. Sport-und Präventivmedizin. 42(1): 16-19.
- Kaltsatou A., Mameletzi D., Douka S. (2011). Physical and psychological benefits of a 24-week traditional dance program in breast cancer survivors. Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies, 25: 217-227.
- Mameletzi D., Kouidi E., Koutlianos N., Deligiannis A. (2011). Effects of long-term exercise training on cardiac baroreflex sensitivity in patients with coronary artery disease: a randomized controlled trial. Clinical Rehabilitation, 25: 217-227.
- Siatras Th., Mameletzi D., Kellis S. (2004). Knee flexor:extensor isokinetic ratios in young male gymnasts and swimmers. Pediatric Exercise Science, 16(1): 37-43.
- Mameletzi D., Deligiannis A. (2004). Preparticipation health screening in swimmers. Austrian Journal of Sportmedicine, 4: 6-10.
- Mameletzi D., Deligiannis A. (2004). Physiological responses and health disorders in marathon swimmers. Austrian Journal of Sportmedicine, 4: 11-16.
- Mameletzi D., Siatras Th., Tsalis G., Kellis S. (2003). The relationship between lean body mass and isokinetic peak torque of knee extensors and flexors in young male and female swimmers. Isokinetics and Exercise Science, 11(3): 159-163.
- Mameletzi D., Siatras Th. (2003). Sex differences in isokinetic strength and power of knee muscles in 10-12 years old swimmers. Isokinetics and Exercise Science, 11(4): 231-237.
Citations (in Scopus): 145
h-index in Scopus: 6
Membership of Professional Societies:
- Hellenic College of Sports Medicine
- European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (EACPR)
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC)